Sunday, November 21, 2010

TSA Hatred

Oh, wow. I can't believe all of the hatred that is being directed at the TSA officers these days. Do people really and truly believe that TSA employees are ALL out on a power trip? These people have families and lives outside the workplace. They are volunteers in their communities, they donate money to charities, they have house payments and car payments...they go to church, they go to college, and some are veterans or even weekend warriors.

I have watched how the TSA does their job, and they are VERY professional people. However, I have watched the public go through the security screening areas with crappy attitudes. I used to work at the airport, and even worked in the secured area. You would not believe the things that I saw the flying "innocent" public do to these officers...and then come to me, order a sandwich, and tell an outright lie about their experience!

And then people read these stories and assume that they're all true--must be true, it's on the internet, right???  If you do your research, you'll even see that many of the claims that are made to the reputable news sources end up being BS.

The procedures are not arbitrarily made up on the spot. I know that I would NOT enjoy having to stoop in front of someone who happens to have gas or other odorous problems. And having to go through bags of sex toys is not my idea of a wonderful job. Especially when the person who owns the bags is treating you like you're out to get them.

I will not say that there aren't jerks working for the TSA, but I can say that from what I've seen, the jerks are pointed out by their coworkers to management. Complaints are taken seriously and investigated fully. AND there are cameras all over airports these days!!

So, since you're on the internet already, looking up stories that may or may not be true, why not stop in and get the scoops from the so-called horse's mouth?? Learn the regulations and educate yourself about the policies and procedures before you fly, so that you're not looking foolish in line at the checkpoint!

You can even print the prohibited items lists, as well as the procedures! Carry them with you when you fly home for the holidays!

Department of Homeland Security

TSA Website--Get the REAL DEAL

Customs and Border Protection (Got anything to declare?)

Need a Good Job??

1 comment:

  1. I went on a trip to Alabama for the funeral of a fellow Ham and man I served in the Air Force with. Flew from AMA-DFW-Montgomery and back. No problems with TSA on either end. They were very effecient and friendly.

    On the other hand I believe there is technology to allow for the type searches that TSA would like to do without being INVASIVE as they can be now. I am sure with the uproar now they can get a blank check to deploy the technology quickly.

    ReplyDelete